View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
I wouldn't quite agree with any of that. Ie. a diesel engine must be considerably larger to produce the same power. Ie. a 335d would be an equivalent of 328i, not 335i. 335i is over a second faster in a 0-60 dash and this is typically how we've come to compare car's power and performance (we don't usually compare torque in small cars as that's more applicable to other applications such as towing). A 335d would therefore be quite a bit more expensive than a 328i.
Sure, and you most definitely need hp to reach drag-limited speed in North America. C'mon, let's be serious here. We live in two countries where any kind of speed is a demon to be exorcised by the supernatural power of the uniformed priests and their radar guns.

What you really need is usability in this environment. Nothing beats a diesel in that case. Nothing, period.

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .