View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 735 2002
parking brake weird problem!

hey all

i've been having this weird problem with my parking break. If any of you have taken apart the parking break unit in the boot, you should see a plastic gear that is spun by the motor that tightens and releases the parking break. Something went weird with that plastic gear and it got shattered.....anyways to make a long story short, i replaced it and now my parking break works, only when the ignition is on! The autopark feature works and if I engage the break when in neutral it stops the car, but when I turn off the car it disengages the break, engages Park on the transmission and holds the car on the Park gear. Its not really that much of a problem if I'm parked on a level road but when parked on an incline I've heard that it could damage the gears in the transmission. I reset the values in Inpa for the parking break and plaued around with the tension values but with no sucess. The car still disengages the parking break when I turn it off. What do you think would be the problem? I've had my parking break tuned by removing a lug nut in the rear wheels (left and right) and adjusting the gears manually (just like the instructions in TIS) but that also didnt have any effect. Does anyone have the correct values for the parking break in Inpa? could there be a loose connection somewhere?

thank you.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Bimmer App
Advertisement