Thread: 335d Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 AM

Mein Auto: '03 Ram 3500 w/Cummins
Exclamation 335d Questions

I'm new to the forum and need input on the 335d. My daily driver in the winter months here in Alaska is my Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 Quad cab Laramie Sport w/warmed up Cummins power. In the month or two of non snow,I drive my Caprice SS. I'm ready to purchase another car and I want to go with the 335d. I did drive one at the local BMW stealership and was impressed with the torque once the turbo's spooled up. Not quite the get up and go like my truck has,but that's comparing apples to oranges. Has there been injector issues,whether its from dirty fuel,water or any other fuel related problems? How are the dealers/BMW doing with these type of issues? Anybody had their car/SUV start making oil due to faulty injectors washing a cylinder down? Has anyone added extra aftermarket fuel filters to catch the sand and other grim that is in the fuel tanks at gas stations,and did the stealerships void your warranty on the fuel system or the whole car warranty? When I found out that Dodge's OEM filters were rated to something like 6 microns,not enough to protect the expensive injectors. Plus they won't oner the warranty if dirty fuel was the cause. I went ahead and installed an AirDog lift pump and filter system which are rated down to 2 microns. Which Dodge quickly voided my fuel system. Has there been any lift pump/fuel pump issues? Any other problems with the 335d? What kind of fuel mileage can I expect on a nice long hwy cruise at 55-70mph? We have very few spots that is posed above 65mph. I've heard as high as 40 mpg,but I think they are stretching the truth just a tad. I was looking at prices on the '10 and '11 certified cars with mileage as low as 8K miles for $38K and lower. Great prices to start bargaining at. Only problem is I get to drive it up here next spring. I noticed that a majority of the cars are in Black,which I refuse to get another black vehicle,due to it being a pain in the butt keeping clean.
Sorry bought going on so long,I want to make sure I'm covering my bases about getting a dependable car that will still be going strong at 250K-300K miles.
Thanks fellas-Casey
Advertisement