View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking at two similar CPO'ed 08's, both with around 38k miles, but not from BMW dealers. One of them has had, per the carfax, regular maintenance, and notably a battery replacement at around 29k miles. The other one's maintenance history is very sparse, seemingly had nothing done with it and just got sold as a CPO vehicle. I'm leaning towards the latter, particularly because it has about 8 months more of warranty left than the other, but should I be concerned that I'd shortly have to deal with the battery issues that plague so many of them myself? Or should I take it as a sign that it was likely well behaved and well taken care of?
A battery with an expense of $400 to $550 doesn't seem like that big of a deciding factor. The extra warranty period would provide some peace of mind and might be worth something if a covered repair popped up. If you have the VIN numbers and a friendly service advisor at your local BMW service dept., then you should be able to at least get a list of the BMW service(s) that were done while still under the 4yr/50K service coverage on both cars.

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, premium sound, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with non-RFT super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, 5W bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for the family - no mod's