View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
The battery was replaced today under warranty. After doing every diagnostic they could possibly dream up, the consensus of the service department at my dealership is that I:

1) don't drive the car for long enough periods of time (I live 5.3 miles from where I work, on a good day, if I hit all the lights right, I can do the 5 miles in about 7 minutes door to door.)
2) open and and close the driver's door too many times between significant drive cycles (so shoot me for opening the door too many times while giving the car its weekly bath).
3) Turn the car on then off without enough "on time" for the alternator to do its job. (How long should it take to back the car into the drive to wash it?)

On the service paperwork they indicated that because the battery had previously died, and been recharged it is now not properly holding a charge.

Bottom line, now that I have a fresh battery in the car, if the car is indeed a voltage vampire, I'm going to make sure I give it plenty of supplementation so the new battery doesn't die an early death as well.

I have to admit, the 8 step process touted by CTEK has me intrigued, plus it's a very streamlined unit. The practical side of me is struggling with the form vs. function side of the equation.

The general consensus is that the car has to be driven enough so that A.) The engine is at proper operating temperature for at least an hour a day so that the battery can charge itself. This is what I've been told by techs at work.

I'd spend the extra $ and buy the CTEK 3300 or the 7002 simply because they are high quality units and Deltrans warranty is a joke.(They charge you $15 to look at the unit and YOU have to pay for shipping) I'd go for the CTEK. They are very good. We use BMW's chargers(relabeled Deltrans) at work all the time and they're cheap, and one of the ground plugs broke off on one of them while the other just sits there and flashes it's lights. The CTEKs that I have used have been flawless and very easy to use. If you have any other questions or need clarification on anything, please let me know and I will do my best to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 11-07-2012 at 05:36 PM.