11-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area, California
Join Date: Oct 2012
Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
What? My nephew loves the 3rd row back seats
IF you looking for 6, your only option in BMW is the X5. the X5 you can comfortably fit 5. 3rd row is a joke, and even kids hate it.
If your looking for 6 but not BMW, try the Q7 (not really bigger) or GL from Merc. There are more reasonable options in the Asian luxury market. Acura MDX or Lexus G460.
But since your looking for a 6 seater in BMW, X5 is the only option (more like your settling for the biggest they offer).
He is 5 year and 11 months old. He loves the idea that it is his own little space. You do have to move on the second row up. So the adult will have to get used with reduced leg room. Otherwise, I was able to carry 4 adult, one baby seat, and one 5 year old.
I got the 3rd row to get self leveling suspension and the occasion use of 3rd row with my nephew. The self leveling suspension helps with towing and comfort.
GL is the way to go to have reasonable back seat. I hate to say it. If you really want to fit people, you can't beat Mini-vans. Its far more sensible people movers.
Here is a list of reason why I picked X5 vs. X3.
1. Adaptive Drive - Adaptive Suspension + Adaptive anti-roll bar
2. Better exterior and interior looks.
3. Feels more luxuriously with BMW X5 than BMW X3 in options and function.
4. Third row seats makes it more practical as a long distance travel vehicle.
Here is the reason why I still like BMW X3.
1. Gets a brand new Navigation next year in April time frame with all new Intel Atom which promises to be much faster than the current 600 MHz ARM with neat new stuff.
2. It is fast especially with 6 cylinder options. BMW X5 can't beat it. It is just too heavy.
3. Small car = better visibility and generally better physics. You have to use a lot of technology to make X5 almost like X3. That is why is nice about X3.
I think it is a matter of what you really want out of a car.
2012 BMW X5 Vermilion Red Xdrive35d with Premium Package, 3rd Row Seats, and Adaptive Drive