View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
This question was driving me crazy so I looked it up.
From the BMW lit.
Sport mode.
Tune up: when sport mode is activated, engine output and driving dynamics take on sportier qualities, letting you enjoy your BMW's dynamic character at its peak.
Depending on which BMW model you drive, the sport mode can be activated by a touch of the "Sport" button on the central console. Immediately, your BMW feels even more dynamic: the electronic control units switch to sportier settings, making the engine more responsive and the suspension stiffer.
This increase in sports-style characteristics is accompanied by a reduction in powered assistance for the steering at low and medium RPMs for more direct and immediate steering, giving you an even closer sense of the character of the road.
In vehicles with automatic transmission or the Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG), activating the sport mode (also known as Driving Dynamic Control) shortens gearshift times and makes the gearshift characteristic even more dynamic.
Thanks Roseng! I haven't had the time to go look that up. It is completely obvious (at least to me in my car) that the suspension is tighter in Sport Mode. All you have to do is hit a man hole cover to prove it But I wanted to see it in writing.

BTW - did you code DVD in Motion, windows up or tire pressure? If so, do you remember the module and function?
HUD, Comfort Access

Last edited by Mulchman; 11-08-2012 at 04:03 AM.