View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltrix View Post

Dolina - I guess you mean this http://www.dolina-soce.si/eng/ ?
Yes, that's it. It is such a beautiful drive.

Quote:
Hmm.. very interesting option. To be honest, it looks like quite a detour on the way to Ljubljana. I'm afraid that's gonna take a while to navigate that...

So, you can see - I can either do Lake Bled OR navigate the valley. Can't do both without a significant time/distance penalty.
True, you would need to allocate a day (considering all the stops) to go from Bled in the morning to Soca Valley and then catch highway to arrive in Ljubljana in the evening. However, I just want to point out that Slovenija is smaller than most counties in US southwest. If you stay on highway and don't stop, the drive from Villach to Koper (crossing the whole country north-south) would take you all of 2 hours or less.

One more thing, Slovenija is a beautiful country, but to be honest, the wow stuff is mostly in northwest corner and along western border. As you start moving south-east, you will be going towards "flatlands" (certainly not as flat as Kansas, but it feels flat after Alps in northwest corner).

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .

Last edited by Mark K; 11-08-2012 at 05:46 AM.