Thread: X3 or X5?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 AM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Looks like you have decided on the smaller SUV. Good choice but now you have more options. Please DO go take a look at the Q5 Prestige (ONLY). The reason I say ONLY is because it is what an Audi is SUPPOSE to be. Full luxury with leather dash and all features. Record that price point and then go look at the X3 & it's price point. You will find that the Audi will be FAR nicer on the inside and with the features than the X3 unless...you are trying to RACE the vehicle...LOL

If I had thought that the Q5 would have been large enough for our needs, I would have bought it 3 months ago. They are clearing out the 2012 on those so deals can still be had (I think). They are more fuel efficient than the X3s as well with the 2.0 twin turbo version.

However, once you change categories, you bring other options into the mix. The Lexus RX350 is the LEADER in that space and has been for many, many years. They DO offer a Hybrid version which is equivalent to the Highlander Hybrid we own & which I outlined the economy of in my posts above. Neither BMW or Audi offer a Hybrid in that vehicle yet. To further complicate things you may even want to consider waiting about 4 months when Porsche will be offering the 2013 Macan. That is essentially a Q5 with the handling and engine options available to the Porsche line and will sell for about the same as the Q5. Have fun!

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)