Thread: X3 or X5?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by gresch View Post
I understand the OP is only looking at German, but, just to correct this 1 inaccuracy, the Tahoe MSRP is $57k loaded, so it's low $50's out the door. Also, the 20MPG around town due to the Hybrid technology is very accurate, x5d's are 19/26, that's not a significant difference. The Chevy also has more space, which it sounds like he needs, and will less expensive to maintain as it gets older.

No dog in the fight, just pointing it out, carry on (btw- I own a 2012 x5d but the Chevy sure is nice too )
I will concede that you can probably get discounts on other Tahoes but dealerships are treating the Hybrids like they are gold so getting a $7K discount you indicate is not likely. (e.g. Edmunds shows that the $57,730 MSRP is only being reduced to $54,593 (TMV) so it won't be anywhere NEAR "low $50's out the door).

I do agree it may give him the space he is seeking but you can do that with other "nicer" (in my opinion) SUVs. I am not dinging you for offering it up but the interiors on those things look like "cheap plastic" to me. My brother is a HUGE Chevy guy and keeps trying to get me to buy one of those Avalanches. They float like a caddy to me rather than drive like a sports car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
I love the Q5 and am waiting for the TDI version! However I believe the X3 28i (turbo 4 potter) gets better mileage than the VW/Audi turbo 4 gasser.
Have you considered the Hybrid Q5 that's coming out (It gets 24/30MPG)? Unfortunately, you would be wrong on the fuel consumption expectations for those other two (per Edmunds again):
Audi Q5 TT2.0 get 20/28
BMW X3 28i gets...19/25

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.