View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo402000 View Post
well I have selected Aux, I have adjusted the volume on the head unit, I have checked the audio cable on another tuner inside my house, and I also tried my Ipod and I phone,
everything else on the car works, so either I am not doing something right or the aux port is not working, maybe a trip to the BMW place
I also have a USB port, is that for charging only? because if I hook the USB cable to my Iphone it charges but no music

Hondo
You will have to do a search to get the actual name of the cable (its something like FL6-Y) but for 2007-2009 E93s you needed this Y-Cable to hook an iphone or ipod up and get it controlled through the radio. The cable has one aux jack, one usb connector and one Apple (13 pin?) connector. If you want to go the short and easy route and have the USB connector inside the armrest, just download all your music onto a USB flash (thumb) drive, plug it into the usb port, then choose usb from the input source on your radio. It will take a while to parse the list, but eventually you can sort by album, song title etc via the display panel on your radio. You can even import playlists as long as they are in *.m3u format. There were a lot of posts about this so do a search and you will find a ton of information.

Good Luck.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793