View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 35d; 750Li; IS F
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
LOL - I guess those IDIOTS over at Tire Rack and others were pretty much all idiots, huh?
What was the point of that video? That the DWS were the best of the all seasons? Big freakin' deal. To quote you:

Quote:
Granted TRUE winter tires are ALWAYS going to be better
Quote:
but 90% of us live in areas where use of studded winter tires is impractical and quite honestly, well...Stupid.
First of all, who ever mentioned anything about studded tires???

Second, maybe have a look at where the OP is posting from. Since you clearly have no clue what you're talking about in regards to mountain driving and true snow, maybe have a quick look at the weather network and see what Colorado actually gets.

Quote:
There are many of us that need and LIKE using all-weather tires on our SUVs to head up to the mountains to do a bit of skiing when the weather here at the foothills is 50 degrees and not a spot of snow anywhere to be seen. Yet, we drive less than 2 hours away and can easily be in a foot of snow. So far, all season tires have worked VERY WELL on my wife's Highlander Hybrid (225/65-17s). Now granted, those are CONSIDERABLY more narrow than are these new DWSs on my X5 and I WILL be careful my first days in foot-deep snow when I am in SnowShoe, WV but I'll be a LOT happier with the 5.5 hour ride up to that particular ski resort.
And it's exactly jackasses like yourself that make my daily drive less safe because you are unwilling to properly equip your vehicle for the conditions that you are going to encounter for "less than 2 hours" each way.

Guess what Einstein. I live in one of the most beautiful and popular ski resorts in the world.....and guess how many times I see vehicles in the ditch, sliding all over the place, or doing 60 km/h on the highway 'cause they can't control their vehicle safely. Proper equipment and some patience in the snow would go a long way to making things safer for everyone.

Quote:
Just give us time, someone here will provide feedback on how effective they actually are.
Do you actually have the 20" DWS set up that the OP specifically asked for feedback regarding???

As I stated earlier....I DO....so whether you like it or not, my feedback is absolutely relevant to the topic.

Don't like it....you know where the door is.

'11 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
'10 X5 35d Space Grey