View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Ask as much as you want. That's why we're here. Just make sure they're intelligible questions (which you have been doing) so we know HOW to answer you.

Go with the Hotchkis sway bars before the exhaust. You'll enjoy it significantly more, I'm sure.
exhaust and CAI are out, my mods are gonna be following:
- Headers
- 3'' Single pipe
- Remap (i'm gonna give FastBob a Before/After Dyno sheet just to show how beneficial a remap is to our cars )
- Hotchkis sways
- koni's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerT View Post
Your not serious about buying these right? Not only could you waste your money, you could also seriously damage your engine. Ebay Turbo kits are always sketch as hell. Knew a guy that put one on his impreza (even came with sti badges.) Long story short in two months he went through 2 head gaskets a set of spark plugs and then the Turbo stopped circulating oil and well.... you get the point. Go with a g power SC kit good bang for the buck with huge power potential if you wish.

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Bimmer App
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowz View Post
The most you can safely run boost wise on a non turbo stock engine is 8 to 10 psi boost. Supercharger is the better option for a non turbo motor. Turbo charged engines have lower compression to handle the higher boost provided by the turbo. I turbo charged my 300zx n/a motor and 8 psi is all I ran for boost without issues. On our cars Id stick with a supercharger. Thats what Im adding to mine.
- F/I will be in the "hopefully not too distant" future, once my car handles like a motha', and of course, save up some $$ since i'd be getting new tires this weekend for around 1200$

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a man a Chef and he feeds him for a lifetime

Last edited by heztheone; 11-08-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added the Single pipe upgrade