View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:09 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 E36 M3 GT (EURO)

Some updates:

I have been fighting some oil leaks, first between the cylinder head and intermediary head (cam tray) and also on the turbo drains. However, after fixing all of that I found out that the Constant Pressure Valve (CPV) on the rear of the engine block exhaust side was leaking. It was a fight to get to it but got there in the in the end. Now "hopefully" its the end of that.

Also redesigned the chargepiping from the turbos, before 2x2" to a single 2.25" and now to a full 3" through the intercooler and to the plenium.

Then moved the blow off valve to the plenium.

Changed the oil drains on the turbos, new NGK R-2525-9 Racing Competition spark plugs.

Finally painted the Engine Cover, Plenium, Charge piping, Intercooler and Strutbrace+tower mounts in satin black with two coats of glossy clear to get a better (upgraded effect).

The car was featured in the German BMW Magazine BMW-Power this month, great honor.

Pix from the last updates:

CPV out..

New chargepiping..

Final article..

I had a small squeeking noise coming from the suspention in the front left side. Turned out to be a bad bearing in the topmount (Intrax camber plates). That was a pretty easy fix.

Also the Beisan systems Vanos Rebuild kit (with anti rattle upgrade) has arrived, so I have started rebuilding my spare Vanos unit.

Then I found a decent location for the Aquamist guage, blocking of the vent on the left side of the steering weel and placing the guage there. Put some carbon wrap on it which I actually donīt like and will remove.

Then I noticed that my ZF S5G 310Z gearbox (stock) is on its way out,,, bearings are doing the Bee-Gees.. So I will replace the gearbox, either with a ZF 320Z (upgraded 310Z) 5 speed unit or go with the S6G 420G Getrag unit from the EVO (if I can find one for a resonable price). That will require a new crossmember, shifter assembly and shifter + modified driveshaft.. which is a bit of a turn-off when the 5speed is working fine with the wide powerband I have.

Last but not least I pulled the trigger on the UUC Twin Disk Clutch and flywheel package. This means I will be selling mY 10lbs JB-Racing alloy flywheel (see my facebook page) for GBP 200 + shipping

UUC Motorwerks Shopping Cart

BTW... the car is for sale, also the engine is up for grabs.....
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/au...s46-1_c01_4201

Last edited by M3GTtt; 11-09-2012 at 01:46 AM.