View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Serious About Shine

Send a message via Yahoo to bighungry618
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
I was waiting for you to chime in . Much respect Mr Hungry. You are right, in that you gave me confirmation of the idea. I loved the black slats and subtle chrome of the 535i grille gills. I was pleasantly surprised to see you went through the artists route of perfectly painting your ring. I took a gamble that the performance grille would be built as a 2 piece set just as the factory grille. Glad I could pull off the same look, in an easier way.

Thanks again BigHungry!
Deep,

After looking at your pics again, I should have done the same thing. Although Iím not sure the performance grilles were available at the time when I did mine.

I have to admit that I like the color uniformity that the black rings give to Irene; however The DeepMobile looks amazing with the contrast of black on that paint color!!!!!
Plus you got the bonus of not having to wait for 2 days for the paint/clear to cure!

Just FYI and to give you some food for thought; I recently painted the lower rear diffuser to body color and debadged her too. See below.

"IRENE" = 2011 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Dakota, Premium, Cold
Mods:
JB4 Stage 2, Black Grille Surrounds, Black Fender Signal Trim, Body color front / rear reflectors and rear diffuser, DeBadged, 20% LLumar ATR premium tint.
To keep your car looking its very best:
Detailed Image Auto Detailing Supplies