View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 PM
figuring out my iDrive

Mein Auto: '11 535 GT xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish23 View Post
Did you order the package from the dealer? I just finished getting a set from Tire Rack and saved myself over $2000 from what I would have paid at the dealer. Granted I was able to get $300 18-inch OZ "David" rims on clearance for $99 each (steel rims are at least $60 each) and chose Michelin Alpin RFTs at $300 each. They installed and balanced them for free. As I live in Ottawa, ON in Canada I paid the duty, customs brokerage fee, Ontario taxes, a small tire fee and UPS freight from South Bend, Indiana. Cost me less than $2500 which is the same on Canadian funds. From the day and time I placed my order until I came home to find them my garage door was six days to the hour. The recommended set from the dealer (with Pirelli RFTs) lists at $3800 plus 13% Harmonized Sales Tax. At best there is a 10% sale on last year's sets but none of which fits the GT of course.

I am not shilling for Tire Rack but was impressed at how easyit was to order and have shipped over the border. The big savings didn't hurt at all either.
No. Went with my local tire guy. Dunlop Winter Sports RFTs in 17" with a sport wheel. He threw in the storage.