View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 (ED on order)
Thank you Zoltrix, I will check out your routes and see how they fit, they seem vey nice. Northernlights, point taken about Grindelwald, going with Germanroots recs and have a 3 night reservation at the Parkhotel Schoneigg , he stayed there two nights and felt he could have stayed more. I plan on traveling around the area on the cable cars (Mt Eiger and the other one), doing some hiking for two days, going to the surrounding towns, wanted to also have a good place to get a good rest, and the pool is nice for late afternoons since I am traveling with a 13 and 10 y/o's. Did you stay around Grindelwald and do you have suggestion of a more authentic accommodation around the Bernese Oberland for three nights? I could still cancel if you have another suggestion that fits our bill. After leaving Grindelwald will indeed make a stop in Gruyere and do a cheese tour. Rick Steves' recommends two, one in town and one just outside. Did you go to one of those or a different one, or are their several artisan cheese houses you can just walk in? We will likely do that and the Broc chocolate factory tour on our way to Chateau du Chillon if the day is long enough and spend the night around Leysin or Les Diablerets area and skip Montreux, does not sound like the kind of town we would be interested in after reading about it. Do you have any suggestions of places to stay around that area of Montreux? We will be staying in Weissbad at Gasthaus Alpenblick.