View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Whhoosh
Kat, I'm not sure the best way to get a wire all the way to the grille (as the quick connector with eyelets that comes with your 3300 will be waaay too short), I suppose someone could fabricate one, with the CTEK connector on it . . .

But the pics in the link below show the gist of what DSX is saying. Plug and play. Note how the quick connector has that removable rubber cover. So if that is sticking through the grille, I don't think you'll be able to pull it off and then back on, and if this cover is permanently removed, I don't know how quickly that plug could corrode, seeing as how often you wash the car, etc. I also have no idea how it would be best secured at the grille. Oh btw I believe all the fuses in the variety of connectors available from CTEK are 15A. (There are also quick connectors they sell with red/yellow/green lights right on the connector themselves, to show the condition of the battery.)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=26

I think the easiest way/compromise is to perhaps hardwire it like above. Yeah, you still have to pop the hood, but at least it's just plugging in. I just use the clips. I mean, it's pretty darn easy, ya know!? Anyway, it's an option, I guess I'm considering doing the same now, though it makes the bay look a bit less tidy I suppose.

I also admit that I sometimes forget to put the red plastic cap back on the + post, and I guess that wouldn't happen anymore by using the eyelet quick connector.

You can see the eyelet connector here (with that removable rubber cover):

edit: I decided to add a pic of the eyelet version of the quick connector, but with the lights on it, in case you were interested.

Last edited by Ilovemycar; 11-09-2012 at 01:30 PM.