View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 535i - ED May 2013
Just took a trip back in april to northern Germany, which included Hamburg and some of the surrounding areas. I took my 4 year old to Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg. He loved it and it was quite amazing. I don't know if its worth a 6 hour drive out the way just to see this and hamburg?? I can't say Hamburg itself was anything special at all...industrial port city, very different than cities/town in southern germany. We spent all of our time in and around Lubeck, Plon, baltic sea, etc. The drive to Hamburg was not bad at all and I was able to open up my ford mondeo diesel wagon...120 so this would give you an opportunity to really push your new bmw. So, I would suggest perhaps driving to Hamburg then perhaps come back down the east side and catch berlin and some of the cities along the eastern side and then drop off/fly out of Munich.
If you do drive to Hamburg, I can suggest a few stops that I made. Bergen-Belsen concentration camp - Where Anne Frank died, very interesting museum and grounds. Hildesheim - Neat medieval town (stayed in a nice Novotel with great parking), has a couple churches on the World Heritage site list.