View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
Having multiple black cars in the garage I've done a bit of "triage" to the inevitable scrape and stone chip.

If you are wanting to do something yourself that's actually pretty easy.

First realize only you can see the stone chip ..... it's not visible to anyone else from more than 10 feet away.

Second, "do no harm" ..... don't do anything crazy like rattle canning with spray paint!

Google up some Black Sapphire Metallic touch up paint (Amazon or a BMW supplier) and throw away the brush that comes with. Use a toothpick or an artist brush to fill the hole and it will disappear.

Our cars are not going to rust in Atlanta unless you spill a "con sal" margarita on the chip spot!
Hello there!! Thank you so much for your input!

I really like the idea of using toothpick or artist brush. I will try to search some Black Sapphire Metallic touch up paint. I suppose not all sapphire metallic are the same? Do you think Global Imports will carry the paint?

People tend to say Atlanta is humid and how about rain? Won't rain if I do not dry the car caused rust? Sorry if I sound very ignorant.

Thank you again for your kind advice

2011 328i Convertible | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim| Sports | Premium | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Harmon Kardon | iPod/USB