View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsup? View Post
thanks a lot Bayer...i really appreciate it man, i dropped the PS pump, i had to take out the PS reservoir to have more space...now im trying to unbolt the alternator/bracket. im having problems getting to the 2 alternator bolts in the picture below, there isnt enough space..is there something i need to remove first to be able to get to it? also, how many bolts do i need to remove to free the alternator/bracket? i only removed one so far and do i need to lift the engine first before trying to unscrew the alternator bracket? please check out the picture below for the 2 bolts...thanks man, i really appreciate your help.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2810754...5467/lightbox/
hey bro anytime...good job
you can first unbolt one bolt thats holding those 2 metal pipes under bracket that supply oil to tranny so you have better access...
there are 3 more torx bolts holding bracket and after you take that off there is one 15/16 or 17mm bolt holding it but its all the way behind the motor mount bracket....
you have to have a jack and raise lower the engine and go from side of the car(driver side wheel off) with extension and flexible joint extension to release other 2 bolt far back...those 2 in the front one you got is either lower one and get the upper one from top....

here is a pic of how much space you get when you jack up the engine from bottom..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic