View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: x3,x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
The Conti's are a fantastic tire on dry and wet pavement. They are, like any other all season tire, completely useless in any real snow.

I run 20'' DWS's for my summer set up and got caught last winter dragging my ass getting the winters put back on. One day of driving in real snow was more than enough to remind me how terrible all season tires are in true snow conditions versus proper winters.
I think your location in Canada probably puts you in a different snow/temp category then most of us, and rightfully so!

However, if anyone else is interested, I've been searching other forums as well to find real feedback on the 20 inch staggered setup (or similar widths on other makes/models). it's tough to find. But what i have found is that contrary to many of the comments and postings from folks not actually running the setup, the folks who have been truely running the DWS or latitudes on the 20 inch setup are reporting that they are completely capable in the snow. There are a couple reporting driving through blizzard conditions without issue on the DWS's. I also found one other individual running toyo proxes, he also indicated he was good in the snow, but there are far more people using the DWS's. If I recall, most people were living in the north east.

Take it for what it's worth, its all people talking on the internet.