View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarac View Post
I didn't shell out 50K for a car with unreliable features. Weather too cold? Tire pressure sensor goes off. Sun is not at a good angle? Headlights come on. Want to look up an address on your GPS? Better know it's zip code or neighborhood.

Car drives like a dream but everything else blows. No wonder most people think hard then buy a Lexus.

Had a Toyota before this with a headlight sensor and no problems whatsoever. By the way pictures taken above are from August.
There isn't a perfect car. Everyone values different things differently. It appears you value day-to-day functionality more than the driving capabilities in a vehicle. Should have thought about that carefully during the car selection process.

I like the fact that my X3 has a gearbox that has good adaptive logic and will adapt to my dynamic driving style. When I push it hard, I love how it recognises this and holds gears to the redline, downshifts early while braking, and behaves itself without needing manual input. I also like how it'll kick down directly from gear 5 to 2 should I need an overtaking manoeuver. Absolutely critical in a modern vehicle.

My X3 is also cold-blooded, sluggish on cold mornings, and occasionally once in a blue moon, won't unlock any of the other doors. It's sensitive to fuel quality, and I feel "a bad tank of petrol" immediately. Sometimes (rarely), the dash pixels will go on lunch break and come back in 15 seconds. Guess what? I don't care.