Thread: New X1
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
AzN if you actually get to drive the Focus ST it would be interesting to read your comments on how it compares to your 2.5. Ford is turning out some interesting iron these days, very euro in some ways. Of course they have a robust overseas presence and back in the day their Cortina GT went head to head with the 2002.
It's gonna be awhile, unfortunately. Was planning to head to Asheville but simply put, too much "drink" was consumed last night and I wasn't up to a bike ride today. I stopped by a local Ford dealer here in the Upstate but no surprise, they weren't comfortable doing test drives "unless you're buying today". He begrudgingly considered a "short drive around the block" but I realised that would be a waste of our time. I can't think of a single good Upstate car dealer (Century BMW needs to be wiped out of existence) which is why I usually test drive my cars in Asheville because there are good roads and intelligent human beings. I'd called the Ford dealer in Asheville and they said they'd be willing to pull their ST out of the showroom for me to drive but like I said, didn't make it up there today. I did take a look inside and the seats are awesome! Fit me perfectly, and the shifter feels nice and tight, better than the standard 5MT on the standard models.

It irritates me how Americans buy cars off the lot and as a result, dealers can be unwilling to put miles on inventory. In Europe, dealers tend to have a few cars specified for demos, less inventory, and customers order their cars. That way no one is worried about how many miles are on the clock when buying a new car.

Last edited by AzNMpower32; 11-10-2012 at 03:54 PM.