View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
When you "hit the button", does it only affect the suspension, or other things such as steering and throttle response change as well?
When you are in ECO or Comfort the suspension is in "soft" mode. ECO also provides much softer throttle response, all settings are to optimize fuel economy. SPORT and SPORT+ modes give you suspension in "firm" mode. Throttle response is much sharper, steering is heavier and feels more direct.

Quote:
Btwy, are you sure you can have the Adaptive M suspension outside of the DHP? I can't see that as a standalone option on bmwusa, but of course that doesn't mean anything.
I don't believe you can. On my MY2013 I had to order the DHP to get the adaptive M suspension. Didn't really want the variable sport steering but felt the adaptive M suspension was worth the price of the entire DHP.

Quote:
I also have yet to read some feedback here about the "Variable sport steering" component of the DHP. Any opinions by owners?
I really don' t notice it. It doesn't come into play on highway cruising or at higher speeds, only after you turn the wheel by more than 100 degrees (more than quarter turn) does the ratio quicken. Its actually quite handy making tight turns into my garage, in parking lots, or on tight switchbacks.