View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:24 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
I did delete my original post about 10 minutes after I posted it primarily because I realized it wasn't worth it. However, since you dragged it back out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
What was the point of that video? That the DWS were the best of the all seasons? Big freakin' deal.
YES

Quote:
And it's exactly jackasses like yourself that make my daily drive less safe because you are unwilling to properly equip your vehicle for the conditions that you are going to encounter for "less than 2 hours" each way....blah, blah, blah.....Proper equipment and some patience in the snow would go a long way to making things safer for everyone.
I've NEVER been in a car accident driving in the snow & have skied in almost EVERY resort in CO as well as in Germany, Austria, etc so DO understand and agree that winter tires may be ESSENTIAL for a few select locations with conditions like: zero-degrees for extended periods, 3 feet of snow on the daily basis with no street cleaning equipment, etc. However, you appear to be SO single-minded that you do not appear to even fathom the "possibility" that most of us do not live in those conditions. All-Season tires are EXCEPTIONALLY well suited for many of us who live in a different environment than you. In this area it hardly ever gets under 20-degrees Fahrenheit (even in the mountains) so the all-weather tires tend to do a very good job at gripping the show and pavement in the temperatures that are common for THIS area. Resorts tend to have snow removal trucks anytime there is any more than 6 inches of snow on the road and those of us who DO ski a lot also typically bring snow chains of some type (I use SCC cables myself) in the event that the resorts REQUIRE chains to get up (and down) the mountain.

Quote:
Do you actually have the 20" DWS set up that the OP specifically asked for feedback regarding???
YES, of COURSE I do. Dedicated snow tires would wear out quickly in the 40-50 degree temps that exist for 90% of the time here in the foothills which would make them even further impractical. Who went and made you the SNOW POLICE? Will it bother me if he buys a different tire? Not in the LEAST. Is it REALLY going to make you THAT upset if this guy buys and (heaven forbid) actually USES a set of DWS tires based on a preponderance of positive online replies? This is the internet and like it or not, there are a LOT of opinions and guess what, they may not be the same as yours.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-13-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: toned my reply down a bit