View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
I have a very good idea exactly what's wrong. It isn't the valve train per se, but it does neither of us any good for me to 'guess' in this instance. Suffice to say, if you have the valve train replaced you will probably leave with the same problem.
A good indy will hook up a Verus scanner, or equivalent, and graph every variable he can, then save the graphs. There are roughly 40 parameters which can be graphed. By comparing what happens and when, especially just as the idle smooths out, he will see what I suspect. I don't know if you have SAE certified techs in Canada, I believe you do. Look for someone who has what's called L1 certification. He'll figure it out.
Expect the cost to be less than $5000.
PLEEEEEEEEEASE for the sake of everything that's holy, I beg you please do guess what it could be!

I don't have an alternative to the dealer, because I'm not in Canada at this moment. My location states Canada, etcetera but I'm in the etcetera right now, South Korea to be specific for business purposes. Garages and technicians here seem to be specialized only in Hyundai/Kia and there is a seriously scary amount of Hyundai/Kia cars. So my only option is to either 1. tell the dealer what to do or 2. the dealer knows what to do. But the latter option hasn't worked so far for more than three years. So right now, I'm just blindly throwing parts at the vehicle hoping it would be fixed. I'm more discouraged now though at your comment that even if I have the valve train replaced I will probably leave with the same problem. Would I have to replace the whole head again?

Please tell me what should be done. You're my only hope.