View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokh View Post
The autopark feature works and if I engage the break when in neutral it stops the car, but when I turn off the car it disengages the break, engages Park on the transmission and holds the car on the Park gear. Its not really that much of a problem if I'm parked on a level road but when parked on an incline I've heard that it could damage the gears in the transmission.
I have the same issue with my E65. I took the access cover off the parking brake module and my gears are in great shape. I did redistribute some of the grease as I was in there...
Actuating the parking brake with the engine off I see the cams rotate and put tension on the left and right cable until the motor is "bogged" down to the point of stopping.

I have not followed the procedure in TIS to adjust the parking brake adjustment screw (if I recall correctly tighten all the way, then back off 10 notches) and was hoping that was my issue... but perhaps not.

For those who don't know, actuating the parking brake with the engine running does not use the cable driven shoes. Instead it uses brake fluid to actuate your regular brake pads. Once you turn off the engine the system switches over to the electromechanical parking brake and you loose the brake fluid pressure thereby releasing the regular brake pads.

E65/E66 Parts for Sale:
Alpina Type 743 Front Spoiler complete retrofit kit (new in box) $1200
71 60 6 770 096 WARNING TRIANGLE WITHOUT CONTAINER $40
51 16 7 028 437 & 438 MIRROR GLASS HEATED PLANE LEFT & RIGHT, ELECTROCHROM
65 82 6 950 069 CONTROL DISPLAY (8.8") $200

Last edited by rippjd; 11-16-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: clarified last paragraph