View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Lexus, Volvo
So after much debating and haranguing and discussions with friends and with Gary@TireRack, I ordered a 17" winter setup with the SportEdition A7 wheels (got silver, should have gotten the darker color). Delivery was near instantaneous, so when we have the freak foot of snow, my tires were... on the garage floor! LOL. I got stuck. So today I went out and got a new jack, breaker bar, torque wrench and a 17 mm socket (wrapped with electrical tape so as not to damage the wheels) and set out to change my tires. An hour later, I'm done. Only one oops -- forgot the new tires came with their own wheel bolts and replaced the BMW wheel bolts. Then, after I was done with 3 of the wheels, I found TireRack's directions that said to use the wheel bolts that came with the wheels. Oh well. But now I'm done and I think it's all ok. Thanks to everyone for talking me through this. I think I only saved a few dollars, but I got the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Anyway, one question:

The car came with the M-Sport staggered 18" wheels and I put on a square set of 17's. The tire pressure listed for the car is for the stock tires and wheels. Is it the same for the winter set?

Thanks again to all.