View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microtesties View Post
I have a similar issue with my 1990 BMW 525i, it idles pretty normal, but when I put it in gear and let off the clutch to move there is excessive engine vibration feeling almost like a misfire but as the car gets to operating temperature it runs perfectly. I suspect an O2 sensor or ECT sensor is to blame. A vacuum leak is also a possibility but I just replaced all my intake gaskets. I'm going to test for my O2 sensor, ECT sensor, and vacuum line. I'll post my findings later today.

-Finished testing-
No vacuum leaks
ECT fine
O2 sensor works

Now I don't know where else to look.
Unplug your engine coolant temperature sensor. It should be the blue one next to the fuel pressure regulator. There is a brown one next to it, I believe that connects to the dashboard's temp gauge and that should remain plugged. If you unplug the wrong one, your dashboard temp gauge wont move, that's how you know.

If this solves the problems, then you'll just have to replace the coolant temp sensor.

Oh and of course, please do the stomp test if it works on your car and see if there are any useful error codes there.

OP. we'll hold you to your promise to update your thread. Too many people fail to do that after posting an interesting issue that invites contributions.

rgds,
Roberto

Last edited by robertobaggio20; 11-11-2012 at 04:54 PM.