View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto: '14 458 Coupe
Funny you should ask....

I have a S8 on order due at the end of the year. Here's the problem...the lease program is a total joke. I need to lease the car since I need the write off. Even at $500 over invoice, the S8 payment is around $600 more than the GC.

The MSRP on the S8 is $114,195. The GC is $108,745. It's a matter of principle at this point for me.

I loved my Audi for many reasons, but it's too slow and cushy for me. I wanted a little more fun. I sold the A8 yesterday so I need a car since my other car is not a daily driver.

I also considered the CLS 63 AMG, but those are like needles in a haystack. Virtually none around. I drove the CLS 550 which really surprised me since I found it virtually as quick as my previous CLS 55. IMO the CLS 550 also handled quite a bit better than the GC. Much less body roll and a smaller feel to the car. I don't know why, but something about the CLS 550 just doesn't do it for me.

I also really like the 5th seat since I have 4 kids. It's infrequent that I have all of them in my car (we have a QX-56 for that), but once in a while it may happen. That's another draw to the GC.

I love the look of the GC and think the interior is absolutely amazing, but the handling and infotainment system might be a killer for me. I want to like the car more since I love the look so much. Hopefully I will get some answers that will allow me to move forward.