View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by walla2 View Post
Thank you all for your comments. Here is what I take away from the input:
1. Don't fear the four. Just about nobody seems to be saying too rough too noisy, too whatever.
2. It is probably a good idea to get one of the "lines" because of the group of extras that come with it.The sport line sounds good but I have heard not wonderful things about the sport suspension and I do not plan to get an awd. We'll see.
3. I really don't need two cars of 300 or more hp and in fact right now have a v70R that I will be getting rid of in part because of that fact (and in part because my wife has said I could get a BMW if I get rid of the Volvo). Otherwise I might be looking more at the 335.
4. I do know that I will get a 6 speed just because that is what I like(and wife and grown kids can drive 6mts).
5. In order to avoid embarassing myself either in print or on the road I WILL extensively test-drive a 328 6mt before buying.
Thanks all, Walla2
I can reiterate a couple of things I have learned here. The 328i although rated at 240HP seems to be more like 240HP at the wheels. I believe a few tests have confirmed this on the Dynos. The two advantages of the 328i is the weight distribution and the economy. The weight distribution on a 328i RWD with Manual is an incredible 49.5%/50.5% Front/Rear! This distribution makes for a light agile drive that some find more fun than the raw power of the 335i. The mileage increases on the Manual to 34 MPG but many reporting significantly higher! The distribution on the 335i RWD is 50.9%/49.1% Front Rear and the mileage drops on the 335 with the manual to 30 MPG. That being said, the raw power of the 335i in sport mode is intoxicating!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats