View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Its the "sticky" at the top of the page on this X3 forum. It is really long, so that gives you an idea of the problems that have not been resolved -- or have been -- with the '07's on. BMW did not cover themselves with shining glory here IMHO. Also along with KJ's list add an inspection of the springs (some tend to break the pigtails off the bottom) and struts, along with the mentioned leak look. The cooling system (expansion tank/thermostat/radiator) may also need attention soon. A good '06 can be had for about $12K or a bit more. Plan on about $4 - 6K to take care of all the little things, and one or two of the big things and you are up close to $20K -- you might want to consider looking at a brand new something for that! A new Focus ST is not too far from that and if you can handle a stick shift is supposed to be a little rocket ship. Just a thought. You will miss your A4 BTW, my wife loves hers and can't wait to get another one. She also hates the ride on rough roads in my X3 and never misses a chance to tell me how stupid I was to pay so much for a car that rides worse than a farm truck.

Last edited by UncleJ; 11-12-2012 at 08:34 AM.