View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to DZeckhausen
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW F30 328i 8-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_loft View Post
Purely for cosmetic reasons or are you planning to track that luxury liner? <... Stuff deleted ...>

IMO, you need new wheels to show off that badboy.
Actually, neither. For the track, I have this:

After years of upgrading brakes on my track and street cars, I'm spoiled by the pedal feel and confidence of fixed, multi-piston calipers. By eliminating the flex of four, single-piston floaters and reducing piston area to compensate for increased rotor diameter, pedal travel is reduced. The "nothing" zone, when all you're doing is flexing calipers and lines and moving pads to close the gap while not actually braking, is almost gone. These feel great! I'm very happy with the change.

Now, if you modify the phrase "purely for cosmetic" to "cosmetic", then yes that is part of it. I like the look and I totally agree with your wheel assessment. My plan is to run these wheels through the winter, then grab a set of Sport Line wheels with summer-only tires, when the snow and ice are gone. If I can find 17" wheels that clear, I'll use them for Blizzaks the following winter and sell the Luxury Line wheels. Otherwise they will become my dedicated winter wheels.

------
2012 BMW F30 328i Luxury Line 8-Speed
StopTech 4-wheel big brake upgrade

2001 BMW E39 540i 6-Speed (Traded-in for F30)
StopTech 4-wheel big brake upgrade
M5 Limited Slip Differential, Front Swaybar
Dinan Stage 3 Suspension, Strut Tower Brace
Rogue Short Shifter, Transmission Mounts
European Dash Conversion
CDV deleted