View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive 6MT ZDH
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I mentioned an issue, just want to make sure it's valid:

A 335ix without the Sport or Adaptive M Sport suspension is a downer for a spirited enthusiast. The xDrive suspension is the softest of all the F30 suspensions (softer than base Comfort, softer than Sport, softer than sport mode in Adaptive M) and so the combination of the 300 horses and the softest suspension means unexpected bodyroll that will undermine the fun of the more powerful engine and manual transmission, especially for someone used to M3's on 24 miles of twisty roads like the OP.

Right or wrong?

BJ
To clear up some things:

1) This can't be repeated enough, you can't get the sport suspension with any xDrive F30.

2) I haven't seen any actual evidence or official source cited saying that the base xDrive suspension is softer than the base non-xDrive suspension. It's softer than the sport suspension and the Adaptive M suspension when set to sport/sport+, but I've never seen anything that says it handles worse than the RWD base suspension. You might be right but I haven't seen any evidence on the subject.

Your basic point holds that if you care about performance and are getting an xDrive you don't want the base suspension, you want the Adaptive M suspension that comes with the DHP.

Last edited by sean10mm; 11-12-2012 at 10:13 AM.