View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 AM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean10mm View Post
To clear up some things:

1) This can't be repeated enough, you can't get the sport suspension with any xDrive F30.

2) I haven't seen any actual evidence or official source cited saying that the base xDrive suspension is softer than the base non-xDrive suspension. It's softer than the sport suspension and the Adaptive M suspension when set to sport/sport+, but I've never seen anything that says it handles worse than the RWD base suspension. You might be right but I haven't seen any evidence on the subject.

Your basic point holds that if you care about performance and are getting an xDrive you don't want the base suspension, you want the Adaptive M suspension that comes with the DHP.
I'd read in another forum from owners that the xDrive suspension was softer than the base suspension. I'll see if I can find that thread and post it, I'm sure it was anecdotal, I don't think anyone's actually hooked it up to test equipment to validate it.

We agree that the Adaptive M is needed on an xDrive car. The question is: Should the OP avoid this particular 335i because it's lacking Adaptive M? I say yes merely because he is used to M3's for what looks like the last 10+ years.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House