Thread: Total loss
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverOddOrEven View Post
79 year old man blew through a red light Saturday night and T-boned me. My car was the least of my worries as I had a full car of friends (including a 9-month pregnant friend with twins) in the passenger seat nearest the point of impact. He got a red light citation from the cop who responded to the accident and several witnesses are on file that corroborate the story.

The BMW kept us safe with all of its airbags (it has knee airbags, I never knew). Side-curtain airbags are a must in any car if you value your life.

The insurance company just took my car from the tow truck company yesterday so I will be in contact with them regarding the outcome (almost certain it's a total loss). The car was paid off so they should just cut me a check.

Anyone with experience dealing with total losses and insurance companies...am I entitled what I paid for the car or what it is currently worth? Had about 5,000 miles on it which I already told the insurance company about...

RIP.
It depends on your coverage. For example, Allstate Platinum overs replacement cost within firtst 2 years of the car's life.

Most are ACV (actual cash value) though.