View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Mein Auto: BMW530i - 2003
Upper radiator hose clamps?

Click image for larger version

Name:	RADIATOR HOSE.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	349300Hi, newbie here! First let me apologize if this has been answered before, I can honestly tell you I really searched for a LONG time trying to resolve this myself. We recently purchased a used 2003 BMW 530i and are very happy with it. However we now have a leak in the upper radiator hose and I am aware from reading the forum that the whole coolant system should be replaced but we just can't do it at this time. I have found Bluebee's instructions on removing the hose to be extremely helpful and have tried it myself but it's just not budging! I feel like the screw driver is causing too much damaging with each twist (and if I cause any more expenses my hubby will never let me hear the end of it!). My question is...can the middle hose be removed, leaving the "quick connects" (with the pins) still attached to the car and if so do I cut the metal rings off? I've noticed the auto shops tend to just carry the hose itself anyway. Also is there a step by step instruction for just the hose removal? It seems to be a simple process, I'm just scared because of all the new terms I'm learning such as "bleeding", etc... HELP! (Pretty please).