Thread: Total loss
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverOddOrEven View Post
I was going about 40mph. I assume the old man was going somewhere between 35-40mph. He was not trying to run a yellow, he simply did not see the light altogether and ran a clear red. My light was green. No DUI but he received a red light citation based on witness testimony. His insurance has also accepted liability since the accident. BMW Assist did not come online, I don't think I had that feature.

I saw him in my peripherals at the last minute but did not have time to react before the collision. I believe I veered slightly to the left which caused me to spin out a bit, jump up the curb and come to rest after hitting the streetlight.

So far I have been dealing with MY insurance company regarding compensation for the vehicle and I'm sure they will subrogate with the at-fault party's insurance company in the future.
Very glad to hear things are going well.

What are the extras you've done to the car?

Then and Than are different words and they are not interchangeable.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-12-2012 at 10:41 PM.