View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 3.0i
Vent Screen

From what I can see from the TIS the front section of the sliding visor is supposed to be under the vent grille and of the three tracks in back the small (trailing visor) drops to the bottom and the front visor goes to the middle still with the vent grille on top while the front sliding sunroof is on the top track under and behind the rear tilting glass roof. Is that correct?

I will have to feel the top of the rear sliding visor to see if there are any kind of hooks. If I can get it to come back out.

I did notice the the vent grille, or the front sliding visor are not square with each other. Tha could mean either one are jammed in the tracks. What keeps the vent grille attached to the front sliding visor?

I have reconciled myself to pulling down the header. I am retired, so I have the time. Any special tools necessary?

I have the sunroof repair kit. I was looking at it, today, and except for the springs with the fuzzy bristles the entire thing is plastic. From your pictures it looks to me as if those black tabs are metal, or is that just the way I saw the picture?

Please sent pictures of your progress. I will certainly benefit from your continued experience and expertise. Thanks again.