View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
I think the sway b/w sport and non-sport suspension is only valid if you track the car. I'd go with the sport package only for the sport seats for daily driving, if you live an area prone to pothole explosions sport suspension in combination with stiffer rft's will make for unbearable experience for a daily driving.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
I agree that was the case with the E9x but am not sure if it is with the F30 as I have not driven one. So far I have not heard anyone complain about Pothole Explosions with an F30.

I have spoken to a number of people from BMW and although they would never officially admit it they were very aware that the E9x sport suspension in conjunction with the OEM Bridgestone RFTs had some serious issues.

The difference between the sport suspension and the regular suspenion was very noticable on the E9x. The sport suspension was very good on smooth roads but the reality is that few of us have the luxury of driving exclusively on smooth roads and the E9x sport suspenion is brutal on bad road surfaces.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians