View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswatchco View Post
I really wanted to like the ATS. At least Cadillac is trying. My biggest dissappointment was that all the reviews I've heard say that the shifter is notchy. So bad that it basically ruins the car. Also, with Ford, BMW, and even Scion (FRS) putting amazing looking wheels on their cars, why did Cadillac choose a style that looks like they came off a 1990 Oldsmobile? The optional wheels are the same style just polished! Wow, I had that option on my $17,000 Mazda Protege5 in 2003.
They stopped production to fix the manual transmission.

I don't find the car ugly, not in the way some recent BMWs are overdesigned and ugly. I find it a bit plain, and the chrome is nasty.

ATS-V is confirmed for next year, as is a diesel, and an 8-speed automatic from Aisin. Cadillac is serious about competing with BMW.

ATS-V should fix the chrome problem, and the wheels. If it gets the new V8 from the Corvette it'll get my attention, if it's just a turbo V6, no thanks.