View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to roverT Send a message via AIM to roverT Send a message via MSN to roverT Send a message via Yahoo to roverT
Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP 6MT
Practice your new found car trick in nice slippery snow/ice filled parking lots with no poles or concrete slab bump stops! Learn how just a tad more speed can make the difference in a recoverable slide vs unrecoverable. It's not much and you'll quickly learn the respect you need when operating a car at it's limits of adhesion.

I've gone through a bunch of autoX, track, road skills, high performance driver training, vehicles on hydraulic training wheels on skid pads, and 500+ hp race cars on ovals. All those have taught me the skill to keep a car in control and how to handle it at the limit. But I have found an hour in a snow filled empty parking lot has taught me the more about recovering from an out of control situation. I often don't want to put myself into a spin or slide on the track while moving at breakneck speeds. LOL. The slippery iced up parking lot offers a nice low speed of what to expect and feel on public roads should anything happen.

Doing all this doesn't make one perfect by any means...I have still come close to near Effff up at times due to my male needs of pushing the boundaries of physics. LOL