View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i
I know this is an old thread, but thought I would add: I've replaced my rear Bridgestone Potenza Run Flat's 3 times in the last 2 years, getting almost exactly 8,000 miles out of each set. Classic BMW in Dallas performed the alignment when the tires were changed. I took it to a non-BMW german service garage, and they said the camber was adjusted correctly, but the toe was drastically out and was causing the tires to wear one inch of the inside down to the threads while the rest of the tread remained. He corrected the toe and said he feels confident that he's fixed the tire wear problem. We're going to check it in 3,000 miles.
I called Classic BMW who told me that the factory setting for the toe is aggressive for good handling and that's the way they set it. I was told "Some M cars are having their tires replaced every 7,000 miles". Well, I suppose that's great for Classic BMW's tire sales. I made my tire wear concerns known, and they still set it to max tread wear. I'll try to come back and update whether the new alignment cures my tire wear problem.