View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIAlfonso View Post
I've been driving an X5 MSport loaner the last few days and I keep thinking why isn't the f10 more like this

The wheels and tires are much more aggressive (315)s in the rears
The steering feels much more weighted
Exhaust is sportier and most importantly the suspension is incredibly firm, a bit to firm but one should expect this if you get a Msport, unless its an f10

You would think a sedan would be treated with the sportier version but not in this case
The E70 is a fantastic SUV as far as driving dynamics go. I would not have hesitated buying one even in it's last model year if it wasn't for the nagging fuel delivery issues with the FI engines. We need a reliable SUV so this time the contract went to Porsche. The steering on the Cayenne has nice feel as long as you omit the variable assist Servotronic that IMO ruins the feel by over boosting it at city speeds.

Rumors has it that one of the main goals with the F10 LCI is to "re-engineer" the steering for more feel. It will be interesting to see the result and what that will entitle. Whatever the result it's good to hear that it could be a priority.

Last edited by solstice; 11-13-2012 at 11:40 AM.