View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcultra View Post
3M makes an adhesive tape for purposes just like this. I actually got mine from the clear bra installer who had it in his shop ( he suggested it). It is gray on color, maybe an inch wide. It's very strong and won't mess up the clear bra. Another option is a similar product you can get at Lowes. It's also 3M adhesive tape, but it looks red because of the film protecting the adhesive side. Not as strong, but easier to find maybe, and should work well. One roll costs about $10, more than enough for an ED plate.
I found 3M Automotive Tape -- is this what you're talking about that the installers have, or is this the Lowes stuff?

I think this stuff is really thin (i.e. not foam), I wonder if that is going to be conformal enough to stick to something like a license plate that has a lot of bumps/texture. Do you remember if the gray stuff you mentioned is foam or is it more 2-dimensional?

As for the bracket, I really like that idea but I can't tell if it would show a black plastic bezel around the plate? I really was hoping for a view of only the plate, just like it looked on the ED. Anybody know? Also don't know yet which size to buy for a 2013 335 M-Sport.