View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Just order the 35watt kit plus the error eliminator cables. You don't need anything else. Should be $50 plus whatever shipping is.

The install is simple as can be for the Msport bumper. Not sure if this will work on the non Msport bumpers.

1) Remove the mesh grill around the fog lights simply by pulling it straight out. Try to get your finger around the lens and mesh grill then just pull.

2) Stack the ddm tuning kit ballast, ignitor and error canceller on top of each other. They are small boxes and you can use double sided tape to do this. You are doing this to make the install cleaner and take up less space by stacking them up together. Also prevents them from banging around each other during bumps.

3) add double sided tape on the bottom of the ballast. This will mount to the bottom shield behind the fog lights

4) connect the wires and swap in the hid bulb

5) peel off the backing of the double sided tape and place the electronics directly behind the fog light housing. There is just enough room and a flat surface for this to mount back there. Seems sturdy and its completely out of sight. Use the 3M grade (red backing) and it also helps if you wipe down the flat area behind the fog light before sticking it there.

6) reinstall the mesh just by pushing it back in.

Honestly this whole process took me less than 30mins both sides on my Msport bumper.

Alan

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||

Last edited by Alan L.; 11-13-2012 at 02:19 PM.