View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
I've seen videos online with info in iDrive and I wonder if all that same info is available without iDrive using the indicator stalk. I was wanting to check what features were avaiable via the indicator stalk and see what was missing by not having iDrive.

My main concerns are: vehicle information (oil temp, oil level, brake fluid levels, tire info, next services (for fluids, oil, serivices, etc that the iDrive shows as these are often at different mileage points and iDrive shows the various mileages) plus vehicle status, errors, codes, etc and other information that might be useful to get without hooking up a laptop). Such as knowing which tire is low vs a basic "tire problem" indecator on the instrument cluster.

I'm also curious if you can change settings like like the triple turn signal, what options occur on unlock and lock (looks like you can select different lengths and so on in iDrive). Basically what features you can't customize without iDrive or if you can set all these options via the indicator stalk.

I also am wondering if it's possible and what the procedure is for playing back music on a USB stick in the glove box. I'm not sure if you can leave say a 32GB usb stick in there all the time to play music from or if you have to download the contents from a thumb drive or if either of these two options are only available via iDrive. Also I'm interested in how you might navigate your music collection without iDrive using the 2 line radio display, radio buttons, and wheel buttons.