View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xi M, Range Rover, 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
My power was restored last night but it's been on/off/on/off for the past 6 hours. Either they're getting more people online or the weather's taking out more trees. I've got the steam heat cranked so that if it goes out again we'll make it through the night.

BJ
We live in Ramsey and were w/o power from Monday to Sunday night. Since my office in NYC and our local HS were also powerless, we made the decision to bail on Wednesday morning and head for our beach house in NC.
Our house is an 1890 Victorian, steam heat also, but I have a small 3000kw, very quiet & efficient Honda generator that will run for 20 hours on 3-1/2 gals of gas. I ordered it after last Octobers storm and it is the perfect fit for my needs.
The biggest problem a lot of my neighbors had was finding enough gas for their gen that burned 1/2 gal per hour.

2013 550 xi Msport
2005 Range Rover HSE Grey/Grey
2009 MB C 300 4Matic
1997 Porsche 993 C4S Black/Black
2005 Jeep TJ