View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Someone already makes black trim for the ATS. The reason I'm more interested in an ATS-V is I don't think the regular ATS offers anything over a 3 series to make me buy it. Maybe the handling is a little better, and the optional LSD is nice (but easy if not cheap to fix on the 3 series). Other than that, BMW wins in my book.

An ATS-V with a small block V8, now that would be something BMW doesn't offer.
Except I don't think they will put a small block V8 in ATS-V. But I agree if there is a V8 version of the ATS, it will be a different conversation.

I think the source of your above link is European Press.

Based on most of the reviews and my own test drive, ATS has an edge on handling over F30, although it falls short, but still is close in many other areas. When I said black trim option, I was not referring to aftermarket options, rather options provided by the manufacture that one can order from the dealer.

There is already evidence that GM and US Bank have begun to offer some very attractive lease programs on ATS. Given that BMW has rerouted a lot of new cars' shipment to China and US due to poor European economy and demand, I think BMW will also be very aggressive in moving F30.

Last edited by dtc100; 11-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.